Monday, October 1, 2012

Kim Kardashian: The "Quintessential" 21st Century Role Model

Do you know what Kim Kardashian, George Washington, Martin Luther King Jr., and Muhammad Ali have in common?

Your guess is as good as mine, I just wanted to be one of those people that take random people from history and try to tie them back together.

I bet when you saw the title, you thought I was gonna praise the diva from Hollywood...please The Cubs have a better shot of winning the World Series (they haven't won one in over 100 years now). In no way, shape, or form am I trying to discredit, make fun, or bash Miss one Kim K on her celebrity status in this country...okay maybe I am, but it is for good reason.

I marvel how one individual in our country can make a sex tape and become one of the most popular figures in our time. I almost want to tell every girl with a big butt, " Hey if you make a sex tape, the E channel will make a reality television show about you and your family and you will make millions in doing so!" Knowing our culture and the people around us that's probably not a good suggestion to suggest because some will probably follow through on that idea.

How does a women who can't sing, act, play sports, has no academic achievement, doesn't even have a Nobel prize in anything become one of the most popular figures in america?

That is a mystery question I just can not answer. My girlfriend and her friends could probably help me answer that though, they are obsessed with this new phenomenon of reality television. I swear leading drugs in teenage America has to be marijuana, alcohol, and reality television. All in that order.

I think it is easy for girls to get entrenched in this behavior, I'm not saying boys don't enjoy the occasional Dance Mom episode with a sprinkle of Honey Boo Boo and The Bachelor...but let's be real the only drama and reality boys need is sports. If you are a man and you have balls you will agree with that statement, if not you need to go to the doctor and get an emergency physical done ASAP.

Kim Kardashian and the Kardashian family have revolutionized the way we view TV and the way we view life. I wish cameras would follow my family and myself around for 3 months at a time, they find out how hard it is to go on vacation because of the "many" business opportunities we have around the world...not. Or maybe they can dissect why my little brother can't keep a girlfriend, and why he will only stay married to a person for 2 and half months at a time...not.

Give me a break! That family doesn't deal with real life issues! They don't know how it feels to be a hard working American in this tough recession. They don't know what it feels like not to have a Coach bag, and Gucci sunglasses that look like bug eyes, they don't know what it feels like to starve for days and not have anything to eat.

I'm tired of people actually having real life conversation of what Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's relationship is like? Or if Kourtney and Scott are going to get married and have another kid? Is Lamar and Khloe going to be comfortable now because they have millions of dollars and Lamar is playing for a new team? (rich people problems) Or should I dare say that Kris an Bruce are going to get, wait for it, wait for it.......face lifts together?
(I feel sick that I even know that much about them...maybe I need to go get that physical)

Recently one of my friends posted a picture on Facebook about how Kim was complaining about how her mom and herself had the same traveling bag and how big of a problem it was. I don't understand how she feels that having the same traveling bag as your mom is a big problem!!! You made a sex tape for all to see, How is that not a problem! You can't keep a man for more than 73 days, how is that not a problem! I never see you give back to the needy or the community, NOW THAT'S A BIG PROBLEM!

People will read this and say Odus is just being a boy and has no idea what he is talking about, others will read this and agree with me wholeheartedly (mostly boys). I am completely fine with that. I just want people to really look at the people we idolize, follow on twitter, religiously watch their reality television show...and really ask what are they doing for me? Are they helping anyone but themselves?

If people like Kim Kardashian is the people we look up to in the 21st century, our country is going to have more problems than an recession!

No comments:

Post a Comment